Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"Try It" Tuesday

So, we almost had a crisis at the abode this evening. House Rule #2 (there must be at least one cold ginger ale in the refrigerator at ALL times) was violated and I nearly had a meltdown! We had a whole case in the closet, but they were warm and I needed a cold one STAT! What to do? You guessed it! I googled "how to superchill a drink"and I found KipKay's tutorial for a 2 minute superchill
I had nothing to lose, so I gave it a try and...voila! It works!! Here's the breakdown:

Fill a bowl with ice water and add your warm canned beverage. 
Pour a handful of salt into the water and stir for 2 minutes.

I actually stirred for 3 minutes, then stuck it in the freezer for another 5 minutes. So, for a total of 8 minutes, my drink ended up being 37 degrees!!

Amazing, right? Crisis averted.


No comments:

Post a Comment