Thursday, March 7, 2013

Better



This post is dedicated to being BETTER. Here's why: Lately I've noticed a pattern in conversations with other people (as well as those with myself. Yes, you read that correctly...). My friend wants to lose weight so that she can look and feel better. Another pal wants a better marriage. My sweet baby sister is in Mississippi for training so that she can be better at her job. Lately, I have been praying for a better attitude. 
Most people, if not all of us, want to be better. 

And the good news is: We all can be better in some form or another and sometimes all it takes is a small change or two!

For example, my workouts are better because of these gems:

Because they haven't been named yet, I will call them "Better" Bands!
They TOTALLY rock because they have a velvet lining that prevents slippage and keeps your hot mess hair out of your face during even the heaviest of workouts! 
You can buy them here. They're pretty cheap and come in a variety of colors, so pick up a few!

Another way I'm making a small change to be better is this: 

I have started supplementing these sparkling waters  for my usual diet drinks and I have to admit, I can tell a bit of a difference! With these drinks, I'm not as hungry as I usually get when an drink diet drinks. The best news about these sparkling waters is they have NO artificial colors, flavored and NO sodium. My favorite favors are berry and coconut, but I've heard that grapefruit is pretty good, too.

 As my college professor always said, "and there you have it!" Sometimes small change can make a huge difference. We find something that works and makes life a little better, we share it with others, they share it and BOOM! before you know it, we're saving the world one headband at a time!

Think about what works for you and share it with someone else today. Who knows? Maybe all we need is to reach out to someone else and just let them know we care. I don't know about you, but I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment