Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I'm BAAAACK!

Wow! It's been some time, hasn't it? The M.O.T.H. and I took off for a week and did a little camping and just got back into town. We had a great time, but here's about the extent of our trip:

Isn't that glorious?!
 Seriously, that's all we did!

I sat right there for 6 days and 6 nights, read 3 books, ate a half a pan of brownies and took the occasional walk around the park.

The hubs spent most of his time on the iPad playing no more than...you guessed it! Plants vs. Zombies.
He did get up long enough to do this one morning:

Isn't that sexy? My man making Sunday morning pancakes. Yum!

And the evenings were just as amazing

...except for that spooky fire ghost. Can you see it gazing into the fire by the hubs?
I say it looks like a bug eyed Captain Jack Sparrow, but my sister thinks it's a girl...What do you think?

Creepy.
Anyway, I thought I'd also share a few random quotes from our trip for your amusement:

Me: "Jesus and ginger ale make everything better..."
Background- I woke up one morning feeling a little sick at my stomach and M.O.T.H.asked me later on how I was feeling. This was really the best way to sum up my feeling better!

M.O.T.H.: "She's walking with a turd in the bag..."
Background- A "responsible" dog owner was walking her fairly large lab. Her plastic grocery bag created a rather disrupting rustling noise that caused hubs to look up and observe. Once the statement was made, he went back to playing Plants vs. Zombies...

Me: "You can't say 'no' to Cap'n Crunch!"
Background- A lady at the dollar store made a comment that the new Cap'n Crunch snack mix was "awesome." I wasn't sure which ones she was referring to, so I bought both. This statement was made in an attempt to justify the impulse buy to the husband with large eyes.
(I'd share a photo, but I can't seem to find one online. I liked the sweet and salty one, best, though.)

Needless to say, we had a wonderful, relaxing time, but it seriously went by too fast. I wasn't prepared for the enormously stressful first day back to work. There was so much to catch up on and it was a hard adjustment to make!
Thanks to Pandora, for playing this song:


It really helped me regain my focus and get me back on track!
I am a HUGE Christy Nockles fan and have been ever since Watermark. Check her site out if you get a chance.
So, it turned out to be a great day back after all!
What sort of things help you get back in the game of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment